Once again way too long………….. just some photos for now.
Not sure what week this should be but I have completed several pieces from my WIP section of my work area. Here is a reminder of some of the stamped solder pieces I had started:
I have used some of these but never shared them here as I had wanted to. I guess I met part of my goal :completing half started projects. So here are a few creations:
Can’t believe it already mid April. So was faithfully do my blog posts with my completed WIP pieces. Well…..end of Feb went on vacation. Then my daughter got sick. Then I got sick and then well the weather kinda started getting nice. and then my obsession with beads and vintage pieces got in the way and I didn’t use the already started pieces on my work table. Not for a few weeks. I do now have some completed. Here is a photo that I had
before of some WIP.
Here are a few completed pieces:
So not sure what week I should be on but at least I am back at it!
Made it to week five of my personal challenge! I had do many stamped solder pieces that I had started and then never completed so I decided that I had to do something with them. Here is an example of some of the pieces.
The two that I chose I did not photograph but you can see some others. I decide to just polish and sand these for the earrings. I free hand cut copper sheet into tear drop shapes and then added the molten solder and stamped them. I love the craftsman style thistle design. i left some of the copper showing for a more rustic appearance. Just added silver plated ear wires and finished!
I made several stamped solder pieces a few months ago and wasn’t sure what to do with them so I just put them aside for another day. (You can check out my previous post about stamped solder jewelry from March 2013) I finally got back to them recently and began to experiment with adding some color or images to the pieces. Here are some examples of pieces without any coloring.
For some I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink pens. These are so much fun and quite easy to use. I really like how the colors look. Some examples of works in progress with the alcohol inks. The inks will probably have to be heat set and then sealed so they don’t rub off over time.
After I stamped the image onto the heart I sealed it with Ice Resin and added some beads to make a necklace.
Overall I am pleased with the results. Just need to do a bit more experimenting and of course complete the works in progress!