Some things to come. Now that my little one is in kindergarten I have some time to do some creating. I do miss having her around though but it is all a part of the cycle of life. So I am embracing it and getting to work!
Some pictures of my works in progress. Hopefully some lovely jewelry that you all will love to be created with these.
I am practicing with some rustic soldering of brass pieces. hand cutting the brass and copper for some of the bases.
Others are pre made brass bases.
Some vintage brass stampings to add to the bases.
Torched, burned but will clean up nicely. Still need some practice but if you like a rustic and unique look to your jewelry then these are for you!
Some birds, cicadas, cat, bulldog, Egyptian revival, sea horse and even a flower that I solder two three leaf petals together and then soldered the blue rhinestone. Some even have a fossilized appeal which I love! these have been cleaned and filed but still need some more filing, hammering and perhaps some patina to bring out the highlights. We shall see.
Hope you enjoyed looking. Remember if you click on the photos they will enlarge for better viewing.
Week four of completing an unfinished piece from my work space. We have had frigid temperatures and snow here so I decided to use the bee! Nothing says summer more than bees buzzing around the beautiful flowers.
For the bee piece:
1.I stamped a honeycomb design into a piece of raw brass.
2. I then colored some Ice Resin to mimic honey and added the resin to the wells in the honeycomb design.
3. After the resin cured I cut the piece out ( but I think next time I will cut the pieces of brass and then add the resin.
4. Riveted the bee onto the honey comb base. The bee was raw brass which I colored using acrylic paints.
5. Used various vintage and new beads to complete the necklace.
This was a fun necklace to make! Now to keep going for week five!
See what I come up with!
One of my many goals this year is to complete some of the works in progress that are taking up space on my work table.
I get these ideas and then am never quite sure how to complete them. Last night and this morning I was looking at these two pieces:
I decided these had to be completed. I need some flowers and color right now. It is cold outside and gets dark so early.
I started these many months ago. Probably in the summer because I only do painting outside.
This flower piece
started off as a blank brass piece. I colorized and painted it using acrylic paints and lumiere metallic paints. I then added the cute little snail which I also painted. Then I was stumped so it sat and sat and sat. I would look at it often but just glossed over it and said to myself “This can wait for another day”. Well now that time has come. I must clean up my work space!! Hey maybe my goal for this year should be to complete one work in progress every week! Believe me I have enough to fill the year.
This second set I colorized some brass filigree, riveted them together and riveted a vintage glass cabochon to the top. Maybe I will incorporate the tulip flower some how. Maybe not. but I WILL get these completed!